*This video was produced by Jim Carroll’s good friend, Antoni, an AI voice generator!
When Jim Carroll shared with us the work he was doing on Megatrends in AI and how he is able to customize to industries who will be increasing investments in the technology and digital transformation, we welcomed his contribution here on our website to explain the Megatrends Opportunity further. We hope you find inspiration in this article!
–Theresa Beenken, CEO, National Speakers Bureau
AI Megatrends — Beyond ChatGPT and Towards Artificial Intelligence Megatrends Rocking Industries
An #NSBOriginal Article
By Futurist Jim Carroll
2023. It’s the year of ChatGPT. All ChatGPT, all the time!
You know what I mean – it’s everywhere! It’s in the news, it’s on social media, its in the newsletters you receive – even your kids and grandkids and parents are talking about it.
And here’s the thing – it is massively significant and will change the world faster than you might think. A few years ago, one of my books, The Future Belongs to Those Who Are Fast, outlined in clear terms why one of the most important things anyone should do today is to align with the new world of speed.
Maybe I should do a second edition, titled “The Future Belongs to Those Who Live in Hyperspeed.” But I digress.
But here’s something you need to know – ChatGPT, while a massive disruptor, is also but a small part of something even bigger.
Here are some points to ponder.
- Spending on AI in manufacturing is going to go from $6.6 billion in 2022 to $178 billion by 2030. Little of that has to do with ChatGPT.
- Spending on AI in healthcare, medical sciences, and pharma was about $10 billion in 2022 but is expected to be between $87.4 billion and $177.4 billion by 20230. Little of this has to do with ChatGPT.
- Spending on AI in insurance is going from $2-3 billion in 2022, to between $30.7 billion and $67.9 billion by 2030. Little of this has to do with ChatGPT.
- Spending on AI in the construction industry? From $1.3-2.1 billion in 2022 to between $11.9 billion and $23.1 billion by 2030. Little of this has to do with ChatGPT.
I have similar numbers for virtually every other industry.
Do you see the trend here?
What’s the point? As a corporate or association executive, you will soon be dealing not just with the impact of ChatGPT – but with the massive, disruptive, transformative industry and skills change that goes far beyond what you are seeing right now.
>>That’s why you need to watch my new AI Megatrends Highlight Reel video, which NSB has headlined above.<<
Guess what – the voiceover was done by my good friend Antoni. He’s an AI!
If you watch it, you might get a sense of what is happening. And, you might get a sense that you will need to scramble to deal with these massive, disruptive challenges. And that’s why I’ve been writing my AI Megatrends series. I’ve been covering for my clients the big, massive impact of AI in every industry, with statistics, trends, insight, and detailed research. The numbers presented above indicate a big change. You need to make sure you understand what that change is.
At this very moment, you need to move your mind beyond ChatGPT to think even bigger. There is so much more going on. Go back and look at the numbers above. Now think about what this represents, and what it means to your corporate team or association and profession members. Your industry is being transformed by AI; your education skill set is being massively impacted; your structure is changing. Let me give you but a few examples.
- In the world of insurance, spending on AI has to do with the fact that we are shifting the way that we assess and underwrite insurance risk from looking back in time to looking doing it in real-time or even looking forward. This is being done by using sophisticated AI risk analysis tools – and that’s but one small aspect of the role of AI in the industry.
- In the world of healthcare sciences and medicine, AI has already had a profound impact. We are embedding it into medical device technology, using it to identify disease earlier, undertaking highly specialized pharmaceutical research, and more. The opportunity going forward is massive.
- In the world of construction, we are using AI in digital twin technology, virtualization of processes, heads-up display technology, and more – and in essence, using AI as one part of our toolkit to fundamentally change how we build things.
- In the world of manufacturing, it’s about predictive diagnostics, process monitoring, layering AI into IIoT (The Industrial Internet of Things), and more. It’s about the smart factory, the Factory of the Future, Factory 4.0.
None of these megatrends has anything to do with ChatGPT.
They have everything to do with the AI Megatrends.
No doubt, ChatGPT, and large-language models are tremendously exciting – there is so much going on, and they will have a PROFOUND impact on everything we do going forward. And no doubt, you’ve got plenty of speakers who might be able to talk about that aspect of AI.
But I’m willing to bet you aren’t thinking about the AI Megatrends – the things are found behind the staggering numbers above.
You need to think beyond ChatGPT. You need to understand how AI is redefining your industry, profession, company, and career – and what you need to do about it!
With that in mind, you need to know that the acceleration of AI is not just about the technology; it’s not just about ChatGPT; it’s the transformative and disruptive concepts involving such things as predictive diagnostics, autonomous technologies, and machine vision, the hyper-connectivity of intelligent devices, the integration of AI into robotics and virtualized digital twin technologies, workforce and process augmentation technologies, virtual knowledge assistants, real-time risk monitoring, product reinvention, and transformation through embedded AI, and so much more!
These are the types of AI Megatrends that you need to understand in order to comprehend how your industry, profession, association, and job and career will change. It’s vast, sweeping, transformative megatrends that will continue at a faster pace as we enter the ‘era of acceleration.’
What you need RIGHT NOW is highly relevant AI Megatrends guidance from a realistic, strategic business perspective.
Because this is big, and getting bigger.
-Futurist Jim Carroll
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jim Carroll | Futurist, Business Trends & Innovation Expert
Jim Carroll is recognized as the world’s leading futurist, trends, and innovation experts, with a massive global blue-chip client list. Over the last 30 years, more than 2 million people have shared his insight at his events. Jim’s global client list gives him a front-row seat to the high-velocity change that is occurring as disruption comes to take hold of every industry and every organization. He has researched key innovation success factors for dozens of organizations and industries including life sciences, health care, insurance, automotive, manufacturing, agriculture, technology, education, government, consumer products, retail, banking, and countless others.
With a front-row seat to the high-velocity change that is occurring as disruption comes to take hold of every industry and every organization, he helps to transform growth-oriented organizations into high-velocity innovation heroes! | [view Jim’s profile]
Interested in hosting Jim at your next event?
Fill out the form below to get in touch with an agent!