From virtual production to AI and from VR to video games, this talk provides an overview to the trends in content production, marketing, monetization and audience engagement that are reshaping the entertainment industry. Touching on some of the incredible advances already changing the entertainment industry – and the key factors set to cause even more disruption in the years to come – Ramona provides helpful guidance to professionals working across the entertainment industry and beyond, to understand how music, film, tv, fashion and gaming will continue to evolve over the next decade – and what it means for creators, and for audiences.
- The major factors influencing the future of entertainment, and how to predict trends
• How AI and other cutting edge technology is changing content development and dissemination
• How to evolve as a creator to stay relevant, and stay ahead of change
The world is moving at a rapid fire pace, but the mass lecture, the bastion of higher education, has been around since Aristotle… change is overdue! As much as 40% of the human workforce is predicted to be displaced by robotics and artificial intelligence over the coming decades, with automation reaching into sectors once thought to be safe from disruption, including medicine, the financial sector, journalism… even art and entertainment. When it comes to education, the billion dollar question is: are the institutions of today preparing us for the economies of tomorrow? How does education – and our approach to it – need to evolve, in order to nurture functioning future societies? A leading change maker in university innovation, in this talk, Ramona will share her insights on experiential education, virtual courses, micro credentials and life long learning — as well as an outline of how (hybrid), when (ongoing), and what everyone needs to learn, to thrive in the economy of tomorrow.
- Educational models of tomorrow – and how to make the most of them, today
• The strategies needed to successfully manage the transition into the age of automation
- The knowledge you will need: when everything is a click tap or swipe away, what will set you apart?
As a technology journalist, digital media professor, award winning digital trailblazer and the founding director of a successful university incubator hub, Ramona has a unique understanding of innovation and design, along with a deep held belief that anyone can be an innovator. Whether you’re an entrepreneur or a corporate professional, this talk is designed to guide you through a process to audit and assess your practice, in order to refine it, improve it — and yes, innovate. This might mean, developing a bigger audience reach, a more efficient workflow, or a better way to connect with your audience. In this talk, Ramona explains how to adopt an innovation mindset, to future proof your business or career, and design the future you want.
- How to think about change in a meaningful, approchable and sustainable way.
- How to design an organization, or career, that can withstand the rapid pace of change.
- How to create a better tomorrow, and a future that we want to be a part of.
The world is changing fast. So fast, that it can often feel that by the time you’ve figured out the hot new tech tool, something else has displaced it. Amidst this frenetic pace of change, it can be hard to imagine what the future holds – let alone, how to prepare our kids for it. Indeed, in light of massive technological shifts, the World Economic Forum estimates that the majority of children entering primary schools today will ultimately work in new job types and functions that currently don’t event exist. So how do we prepare our kids? Sure, they seem to intuitively know their ways around tablets and video games, but is that enough? In this talk, Ramona shares over a decade of advice as a professor and tech journalist – and as a mom – on how we can best prepare our kids for a world of constant change, with skills including creativity, empathy, adaptability, resilience, and perhaps most important, curiosity and a desire to learn.
- How to guide our children, when technology is changing faster than we can keep up with and predicting tomorrow feels almost impossible.
- Understanding not just the skillsets required for the jobs of tomorrow – but how work itself will change.
- Demystifying AI to become an important part of their tool box – and toy box!
• How to nurture the core attributes of future success, including resilience, empathy and curiosity
With over 2 billion Facebook users worldwide and more cellphones than people around the globe, social media has become a powerful aspect of our daily lives. Digital tools and social platforms influence everything from the way we connect with each other, to the way we search for recommendations and services, to the way we buy things. In this presentation, Ramona provides professionals with the knowledge and tools to understand the new media age. With her extensive background in content creation and digital culture expertise, Ramona will share her knowledge and educated predictions on the technological trends of tomorrow.
- How best to create and maintain meaningful relationships that start online
• Strategies for developing your digital brand, reaching new audiences, and enriching loyal customer relationships, online.
Ramona also offers customized presentations on emotional intelligence, the digital economy, predicting future trends, and skills development for the future.