Winning the Talent War – 3 Unorthodox Rules to Elevate Recruiting, Retention, Performance, and Ultimately Organizational SuccessLeaders are facing unprecedented challenges, making a competitive edge elusive. Many believe they have a productivity, innovation, or product issue, yet most organizations have missed the root cause. The truth is, they are facing a talent crisis. Failing to attract, retain, and engage the right people is costing businesses greatly, both in terms of dollars wasted and opportunities missed. With increasing external threats, rampant commoditization, and generational shifts, the problem is only becoming worse.
Through years of extensive research and practical experience, Eric Termuende has developed a systematic approach to winning the talent war. In this inspiring and actionable keynote, Eric takes the audience on an unforgettable journey, awakening leaders to fresh approaches to sustainable success. He reveals three counterintuitive and extremely powerful steps to boosting performance, beating back competitive threats, and driving long-term shareholder value.
In this energizing session, audience members will:
- Embrace a radically new approach to recruiting, boosting success rates dramatically
- Uncover the biggest myths and blockers of fully-engaged talent
- Increase retention of top performers, while having low-performers self-select out of the organization
- Eradicate and replace ‘empty values’ with authentic experiences
- Become armed for battle with practical tools and takeaways to put into immediate action, including:
- The most unusual job description, which will yield the exact talent fit for your team
- How to differentiate your story to new candidates and existing team members as well
- A next-practice approach to harness employee ownership, buy-in, and engagement
- Discover unique connection points between talent and leadership, thereby driving loyalty, trust and performance
The Future of our Workforce
The World Economic Forum says we are now entering the fourth Industrial Revolution, one where we no longer are taking steps, but leaps forward. Considering exponential integration of technology and accessibility of information being greater now than ever before, what stories are we telling to attract the right candidates to the workforce? More so, how are we finding purpose in the work we do and happiness in the lives we live? In his presentation, Eric talks about the importance of community and belonging at work. The conversation about the future of work is bigger than Millennials and generations, and spans wider than technology and workplace aesthetic- it is about people and creating a life each of us can enjoy living through the work we do.
The Cost of Connection
Over 90% of the information on the internet today was put there in the past two years. With 40% of corporate America feeling an unprecedented sense of loneliness, and the average person spending over 3.5 hours on our phones a day, the way we connect is changing. The ‘Honeymoon Phase’ of technology is here, and we’re in the eye of the storm. How do we balance the increasing dependency of technology while still getting the most out of the people and relationships around us on a daily basis? What do we need to do to build a modern team that leverages technology, but still gets to know people for who they are. In this presentation, Eric provides tips and tricks that wow the audience and leaves them with tangible takeaways to live a more connected life.
American Express | Top 100 Emerging Innovators Under 35
University of Calgary | Class Ambassador
Canadian G20 Delegation
BRANDED Magazine | Game Changer
Leaders Hall Ambassador