Algorithms impact us all. From online shopping, to communicating with friends, to marketing on social media, most of what we see online is organized by algorithms. This shift has resulted in most content getting lost in the endless feeds of information. ‘Trending news’, may not actually be trending.‘Viral videos’ may not be organically viral. How do you adjust your social media feeds & marketing strategies to connect with audiences in this algorithmic era?
Pairing historical aspects of propaganda along with hilarious examples of her baby boomer parents’ usage of social media, Dani Gagnon outlines the rules to play by (and play against) to understand how information is presented online. She explores the pros and cons of creating online disruption, how to control the information being presented to you, while providing strategies to align messaging with trending topics without seeming tacky. This fun-filled presentation will have audiences laughing as they learn how to use the web to better serve themselves, their clients and their teams.
• The current algorithm structures for key social media platforms and how to optimize your content to work within their systems.
• Be inspired to use the internet more & create a sustainable brand personality online.
• Content marketing techniques that get more reach and engagement organically.
As a healthcare practitioner, social media is a huge part of advocacy and education. Those who don’t embrace it risk being left behind. Whether you want to keep up to date on news for your patients or want to build an audience to make a difference in the world, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter all play huge roles in doing so. Social media pages, groups and profiles are all controlled by algorithms that determine what content we see and don’t. A health practitioner may be following a page wanting important updates, but may not receive them due to these algorithm rules. In this interactive, customized keynote, Dani Gagnon shows healthcare practitioners how the internet’s back-end code rules impact them.
• How to use social media algorithms to ensure you see the information most important to you.
• Techniques to get your online content seen by your target audience.
• Strategies to maximize budgets to create awareness of a certain topic online.
Dani also offers presentations on authentic personal branding in today’s business world and more. View a full list of her presentations here.