History of the Engage Summit
National Speakers Bureau's Annual Showcase
What is Engage Speaker Talks?
Engage is NSB’s annual speaker series. It’s an opportunity for Event Professionals to LEARN, CONNECT and BE INSPIRED by some of the top speakers in North America.
The talks occur in the fall and take place in various cities across Canada. The half-day morning event has had audiences learning from the experiences of an Astronaut, Former Prime Minister, Military General, Business ‘Dragons’, Rocket Scientist and more.
“I want to thank you again for inviting me today. The speakers you selected were each brilliant in their fields; we took lessons away from everyone. And we were entertained! Pay yourselves on the back for a job well done”Canadian Public Relations Society
“All of the speakers were so talented and inspiring; I walked away with new information and learned so much about Canada’s great icons! It was a pleasure meeting the NSB team, you were very welcoming and I can see that you love what you do!”Canadian Health Information Management Association
I was moved, inspired, entertained and I left feeling a little bit smarter and very proud to be Canadian. You have wonderful speakers and a terrific team. Great event! Thanks for inviting me.”
Bank of Montreal
Our first Engage event was held in Toronto in 2010, we then added a Vancouver event to give meeting planners in 2 major cities from coast-to-coast an opportunity to experience some of NSB’s headliner speakers for consideration for their upcoming events. In 2016 we made our first stop in Calgary, and in 2018 we had our inaugural Ottawa event.
• Artist, Author & Innovator Douglas Coupland
• Consumer Behavior Expert & Valuegraphics Data Pioneer David Allison
• Consent Culture Educator and Activist Farrah Khan
• Digital Media Maker & Community Activator Ryan McMahon
• Brain Fitness Expert & Wellness Authority Jill Hewlett
• Award-Winning National Health Writer André Picard
• Television Host & Podcaster Andrea Bain
• Media Trailblazer Denise Donlon
• Social & Political Commentator David Frum
• Health & Human Performance Expert Dr. Greg Wells
• Innovator & Educator Dr. Julielynn Wong
• DJ & Co-Founder of A Tribe Called Red Ian Campeau
• Wellness Expert on CTV’s The Social Nova Browning Rutherford
• Expert on Business Brain Science Dr. Brynn Winegard
• Olympian & Amazing Race host Jon Montgomery
• Canadian Business Innovator of the Year Jennifer Moss
• Pop Culture Critic Jesse Wente
• ‘The Social’ advisor Nova Browning Rutherford
• Leadership expert Bobby Umar
• Host/MC: Orlando Bowen
• Current events commentator Rex Murphy
• Workplace Trends bestseller Eric Termuende
• Multiple entrepreneur Peter van Stolk
• Anthropologist Carin Bondar
• Host/MC: Bobby Umar
Kidnap survivor & bestselling author Amanda Lindhout, Workplace Trends bestseller Eric Termuende
Toronto – Business, Politics, Indigenous affairs, Technology trends with:
Wab Kinew, Matthew Corrin, Natalie Panek, Bob Rae, Ramona Pringle, Host/MC: Deborah Kimmett
Vancouver – Olympic Gold, Business, Education, ‘Dragon’ and Inspiration with:
Adam Kreek, Matthew Corrin, Ken Coates, Michael Hyatt, Lesra Martin, Host/MC:Dawn Chubai
Jennifer Jones, Kelsey Ramsden, Dave Meslin, Ann Dowsett Johnston, Mark Henick, Rona Maynard, Paula Todd, Tim Magwood, Host/MC: Jessi Cruickshank
Amanda Lindhout, Tod Maffin, Kelsey Ramsden, Doug Keeley, John DeHart
Bruce Poon Tip, Randy Cass, Amanda Lindhout, Patrick Moore, Host/MC: Doug Keeley
Ian Hanonmansing, Jesse Hirsh, Gabrielle Scrimshaw, Bruce Poon Tip, Roman Danylo, Roslyn Kunin, Host/MC: Zain Meghji
Jesse Hirsh, Dr. Brian Goldman, Damon Allen, Danielle Bochove, Dr. Izzeldin Abuelaish, Jeff Rubin, Nazanin Afshin-Jam, Host/MC: Cabral ‘Cabbie’ Richards
Rt. Hon Kim Campbell, Lee-Anne McAlear, Dr. Samantha Nutt, Bruce Croxon, Mark Tewksbury, Host/MC: Howard Green
Engage is made possible with the help of several partners across Canada. You can learn more about them on our Official Partners page.
If you’re interested in partnership opportunities with our organization, you can contact us here.